Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a blog, emails, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by various web hosts, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by displaying adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incongruous explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between different packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web page hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given companies offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a huge amount of images with mates or colleagues since the service is usually free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your e-mail accounts. Some distributors provide website hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to own as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to keep a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At webgeardefault, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content only.